Yesterday I was investigating an issue, during my investigation I started following the code trail, I finally get to a place where the when calling "Find Usages" on a method returns me nothing... I think great... Delete, Delete, Delete... cleaning up unused code always takes me to a happy place, so after this I just check with someone that had originally worked on this bit of functionality which goes a bit pale, stating that there has to be something wrong and that code must run...
I quickly revert back to local history, do the "Find Usages" again, and yip still no reference. We go to the code where we think it should be called... and surprisingly it is there... go delete the code, do a "mvn clean install" and it fails correctly...
Off to Google... "netbeans find usages not working" leads me to the following logged bug: Bug 186314
As I commented there, I installed the latest 6.9.1 version and the issue still occurs.
This is such a nasty bug in my opinion that I will probably have to go back to Eclipse until it is sorted. I have just recently changed teams and have roughly 14000 java files that I know nothing about, life without "Find Usages" will be painful.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
NetBeans 6.9 and 6.9.1 find usages not working.
Labels: General Info, NetBeans
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I have recently been slacking on content on my blog, between long stressful hours at work and to the wonderful toy that is an iPhone, I have...
I make no claim to be a "computer scientist" or a software "engineer", those titles alone can spark some debate, I regar...
I saw an article (well more of a rant) the other day, by Rob Williams Brain Drain in enterprise Dev . I have to say, I do agree with some o...
This series of posts will be about me getting to grips with JBoss Drools . The reasoning behind it is: SAP bought out my company's curre...
I recently finished 97 Things every programmer should know . Well to be completely honest I did skim over a couple of the 97, but all and al...
Going back to eclipse... A small and inadvertent victory for eclipse in the IDE wars :)ReplyDelete
i'm having the same problem with netbeans 6.9.1 and it is indeed making my development life more difficult that it should be. However, I just can't and will not go back to eclipse even though most of my team is using eclipseReplyDelete
Liên hệ Aivivu, đặt vé máy bay tham khảoReplyDelete
gia ve may bay di my
mua vé máy bay về vn từ mỹ
mua ve may bay gia re tu duc ve viet nam
dịch vụ vé máy bay tại nga
vé máy bay từ anh về việt nam vietnam airlines
chuyến bay từ Pairs về TpHCM
chuyến bay chuyên gia